The project, the cost of which amounted to PLN 182.72 million, was co-financed from the Innovative Economy Operational Programme 2007-2013. 64% of the funds was used to build 5 office-laboratory and technology buildings which are part of the INNOPOLIS complex, namely: Alfa, Delta, Omega, Lambda and Sigma. The area available for our residents is 34,000 sqm and it is more or less divided equally into laboratory, office and technical facilities (1/3 of the area for each function). It is worth mentioning that this area can accommodate even 1750 employees.
The buildings are used and managed by an intelligent management system, BMS, which is used, e.g. to optimize the energy consumption. In one of the technology buildings there is a trigeneration energy source with the power of 0.6 MWe which consists of two gas engine cogenerators (CHP) which are connected to an absorption chiller that uses the waste heat from processes. Local power house is adapted to, so called, ‘island operation’ in case of power failure of the main grid. It allows to keep the important laboratory equipment up and running.